Monday, June 21, 2010

My daddy is an angel
written by chelsea in 6th grade

I am a father
I wonder if she misses me
i hear her sigh
i see her cry
i want to help her
i am an angel

I pretend i am there with her
i feel her sorrow
i touch her faith

i worry about my daughter that i left behind
i crry for my sort life that was taken to soon
i am missing all the years of her childhood

i understand that she will always be by my side in me
i say that i am alone in her
i dream that she is safe and happy i try to imagine what my daughter looks like
i hope she will never forget me
i am chelsea's daddy

so yesterday was fathers day it was probably the hardest fathers day so far it was the first time i went to my fathers grave alone. It was rough but well needed i prob. looked like a crazy person talkin to a grave stone cryin my eyes out but it was comfort to me and i needed that closure i never gave myself. growing up i never came to terms that my father was died it was really hard for me to understand it or want to come to terms that i never truelly got to know my dad. This year im tryin to better my self and come to terms with things i cant change the things around me but i can change the way i look at it. i love my father with all my heart and i hope he knows that and i hope he would be proud of me cuz that is one of my biggest fears is that im goin to go to heaven and he is going to sand by me and tell me he is disappointed in me and that is why im tryin to better myself this year its a working progress but im trying......

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a hard day. :(

    However; you are growing/learning so much and you are taking control of your life & your attitude towards it. My dear, that is really something to be proud of! I am pretty sure that your Dad has been more than proud and happy with how you are making your life better each day...even when it has been hard to do.

    Don't forget to say your prayers, too. Heavenly Father loves you so much, Chelsea.

    Love you always!

    ReplyDelete